Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Trooper Flooding after ignition is shut off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Default Trooper Flooding after ignition is shut off.

I have an 88 trooper and it will start and run fine, after I shut it off it floods and will not start back. I can take out the starter relay (I guess shutting off fuel, my mechanic said) and it will start after a few seconds. I then have to replace the relay fuse fairly quickly so it will get fuel again. It will start cold, but will flood quickly after it is shut off. Please help, Thanks so much!

Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM

Sounds like a vapor lock type problem, from what's described, not flooding. That symptom is typical on older FI systems.

Make sure the fuel pressure residual hold time is within specs; ie. bad pump pump check valve or leaky injectors could be the culprit. Verify the fuel pump primes prior to starting. If not you'll need a trouble tree to go thru all the steps, from ignition contacts, relays to the ECU output. Again, this is somewhat typical on older vehicles.

Try using starting fluid, when it's "flooded", if that works, then it's not flooding.

Check the basics: Does it have fuel? Does it have spark?

Good luck!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 PM

Thanks turbo... I got it fixed today. it had one wire from the fuel bar(whatever its called) that wasnt plugged up. Could not find where it went for the life of me,.,, finally took it back off and found where it went,thought i only remembered taking one wire off intake, but there were 2. it was flooding. take the pluggs out and they were wet. Thanks though.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:10 AM

Wow it was nice to know that your problem got solved.We are always there to solve your problem.So feel free to ask your queries.