Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM

Okay well I was gonna start on it today but I looked at all the screws and it seems like there is one or two that I cannot get to unless I take the passenger seat out. I dont really wanna do that so I was wondering if, Fenny, you had another pdf manual that tells exactly how to take the center console out? Please![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 AM

i don''t know why you are taking out the center console, but if you are trying to adjust the e-brake, start with the adjustment on the brake shoes first, and then attempt to adjust the cable. I am willing to bet that the emergency brake shoes are out of adjustment. that is what happend to me and as soon as i adjusted them the handle returned to its original position.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Well I am not the most mechanically inclined person. I only know a little bit. I thought the e-brake needed adjusted cause it seems like there is so much slack that the handle won''t even sit all the way down, thus making the Brake light come on, even though no contact is being made with the brake shoes. In order to adjust the e-brake, you need to take out the centre console. I''m pretty sure I know how to do it, but I just wanted to be completely sure.

But,if you would recommend adjusting the brake shoes first, could you give me a link of to where I could read about how to do it.

And how hard is it?

I don''t want to disassemble the car and not be able to figure out what to do and then not be able to put the car back together. lol