Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Calling on all 95 Trooper owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:35 PM

</>I changed my spark plug wires and got them crossed up, now I don't know what's what. I've done internet searches, consulted my Chilton manual and have had suggestions from others. There seems to be a lot different info out there. First of all I have a 95 Trooper S with a 6 cylinder 3.2L SOHC gas engine with spark plugs coming to a coil pack situated top of the engine just after the fan area. The Chliton manual page 2-28 has two cylinder firing scenarios, one for 6 cylinder engines with distributor and one without.

Theengine without a distributor, which would be my car, has the following cylinder firingorder or map:

Cylinder for distributor-less engine.

firewall
fan

Some have suggested that the firing order or map shoud be:

Cylinder map:

firewall
5 6
3 4
1 2
fan

And I've had the following for the for the coil pack to cylinder wiring scenario:

My own coil packs have some of the original numbers on them, but 1 unit was replaced so I have:

engine
(6 3)(? ?)(4 1)
fan

Othershave suggested for a 92 trooper:

engine
(1 4) (6 3) (2 5)
fan

and for a 97 Trooper:

engine
(5 2)(3 6)(4 1)
fan

Even though the coil packs have numbers on them they could have been easily placed in the wrong order. It's not the number printed on them that counts it's the location. Since my coils have been replaced before I can't trust the numbers written on them.

So if you own a 95 Trooper (S) with a SOHC engine, would you please pop the hood and visually see where each wire goes to. Please use the follwing cylinder map. It shouldn't take you more than a minute.

firewall
fan

And just fill in the corresponding coil map

engine
(? ?)(? ?)(? ?)
fan

I would be ever so greatfull, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.Ifyou have a 95 Trooper but don't know what I'm referring to, I can post a picture of the coil pack and the wires running to the cylinders.

</>Edited by: samx40