New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

New here - Questions for Trooper owners, too

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Default New here - Questions for Trooper owners, too

Hey all, dropping in to introduce myself and ask a couple questions.

My name's Vicky, I'm new to the Isuzu Forums. I usually hang out at the Suzuki Forums instead; my daily driver is a ragtop Sidekick.

A while ago, I bought a '94 Rodeo and it's been an incredible, solid truck -- so from my admittedly-limited experience I have only good things to say about Isuzu. Since then, I've passed the truck on to my mother's fiancé (when winter hit last year, it really walloped NJ, and I wanted them to have a dependable vehicle with four-wheel drive). I still get to drive it from time to time, so I don't miss it too badly. I'm pretty sure it's the best truck ever for off-roading in winter, so I borrow it every time we get a couple inches of snow.

Problem is, I'm kind of regretting swapping them the Rodeo. I'm terribly unwilling to give up my Sidekick (another amazingly reliable truck from my experience, which would be why it's my everyday vehicle), but my husband and I are expecting our first child in November.

Here's where we run into a problem -- his car is a soft-top Chevy Tracker. Both of us drive tiny little two-door soft-top trucks. Neither one really holds heat well, and it's not easy to get an infant car seat out of the back of either. Not exactly kid-friendly cars, in short.

We've had the good fortune to stumble across a 1995 Trooper for sale a few miles from home. I've wanted a Trooper for a long time (believe it or not, I was on the hunt for a Trooper when I bought the Rodeo -- just no one wanted to sell theirs that year), he wants a big four-door 4WD with a tow package, this fits for both of us.

I'd just like to ask anyone here with a '95: what problems should I be looking for? What are the most common faults for a '95? I'll take it to my mechanic if the current owner allows me to, but in the event I have to handle this myself, what should I be questioning?

Thank you in advance for your time, and extra thank yous for any input.