Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

1988 Trooper Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:44 AM

I'm looking for headlight lense or assembly for 88 Trooper 2 - LS. They've been hard to track down. I'm up in Canada.

Also... headlight cages to fit... not those plexi rigs, but the metal cages I remember seeing in retail years ago...

By the way... glennb - you rock, man. My truck's back to normal because of your input. Many thanks.

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-18-2008, 02:06 PM

</>I watched my left front head light lens collect and retain a small amount of water for 5+ years. I went over and over it "with a fine tooth comb" but could never find the pin hole I was sure was there. Turns out the lens had slowly seperated at the top seam over the years. I probably could have sealed it with some silicone caulk after drying it out.....but alas I had already ordered a brand new unit (felt like I needed to spend the $90 just to get past safety inspection - ouch). Got it from isuzuparts.com which is operatedby:

This site is operated by Scarff Isuzu, Auburn, WA. We are an official dealer of Isuzu Parts &amp; Accessories

They special ordered it and had it drop shipped from Isuzu factory warehouse in LA. Any Isuzu dealer should be able to do that - if you can still find one. Call Scarff if their website doesn't list it.

Chris Haugen at chrishaugen@scraff-ford.comhandled my order.

Don't know if there is some funky rules about shipping to Canada. Good luck.

mentalboy - what are the last 5 digits of your VIN number?, sounds like our trucks came off the line the same day (20 yrs ago)</></>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: glennb