Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

95 Rodeo rough idle + Dies while driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:06 PM

Hello. I''m new here and I have a question. I have the 3.2 V6 sohc in my 95.0 Rodeo, the one with the o-ring seal around the spark plug tubes. I''ve been trying to avoid resealing the valve cover gaskets due to cost but today I changed the sparkpulgs and they were all but swimming in oil.

I put the new ones in and it started right up with some white smoke (which I expected) and a check engine light. It died shortly after and I restarted it a few times, each time it started running a little better. I removed the battery terminal to reset the engine light but it stays on.

Now it will run in idle but dies after awhile and will actually die while taking it around the block, several times. I have never had any problems like this before with my rodeo, it''s always been a solid truck for 6 years until I changed the sparkplugs.

So much for preventitive maintenance.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2008, 04:53 AM

No ideas? Well I guess I''''ll have some one read the code around here. I still haven''''t gotten the engine light to go out and it just drops off in idling, accelerating and driving. Dies altogether when you idle or slow down. I should be able to limp to a mechanic.

I double checked all spark plug/coil connections and made sure there was no oil in the spark plug tubes and that contacts were clean. Here''''s what I think it might be.

-Fouled 02 sensor(s) from the smoke. or

-screwed up coil and/or wires.

I''''m inclined to think sensor because of the C.E. light that wont go out and it idles and runs fine...it just drops off intermittently and dies or jumps back with some gas.

Maybe someone here will have an answer before I go to the mechanic.

Edited by: pharmakon