Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Brake and clack problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Hey guys I am back. I have had some fresh issues that have to find an answer for.

I just had the timing belt on my 95 Rodeo 3.0L 4WD replaced. Along with the water pump. This was about 3k miles ago, I drove it the first 2k miles and my wife the last thousand. It was fine as I was driving, I just got in after my wifes thousand and the engine click that is normal for these engines sounds twice as loud. I know it isnt the oil, I just changed it before my wife took it. I know these guys burn some oil, but I checked and added and it did not affect the noise. Is the belt on this a belt or a chain? If it is a belt does it need to be adjusted after it has been broken in? It has about 115k miles on it and has never given me trouble, and I baby my cars.

Second problem. I have heard the ABS has trouble on this model, my light has beenrandomly onfor the rear abs for five years and I was told it was nothing I would have to worry about. They said it may not work properly in the rear and my lock up. I grew up before abs was invented so I figured I could survive without it. Well now the Brake light is lighting up and 1 out of every 30 brakeing the brake peddle goes to the floor with no resistance, the car has no breaks, and it clickswith a little vibration like the abs is tryng to engage. Is this the abs, or is my master cylinder going? If you let up on the peddle and push down again once or twice the brakes will catch.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:31 AM

well on your brake deal t sounds like you master cylinder is taken a crap or the booster. check the fluid and have some one pump the pedal and see if there is any bubbles commin up in the clyinder with the cap off and the rear abs is probally the sensor or a bad wire. Also when they changed you timming belt did they change the tenshioner also? and yes its a belt and their is no adjustment to it. You might want to run some sea foam through your crankcase read the ladel and add to your oil. you might have a lifter going weak or sticken it may help ya

Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 AM

They did replace the tensioner. The oil in the brake reservoir is fine. I will check for bubbles today. The only thing on the engine I can think of is I normally run synthetic and the last oil change I added Dino oil from Mobile 1. Same weight, but not synthetic. Would that really make a diff in the hydro lifters? I have heard mixed opinions on sea foam, some say it does to good of a job of cleaning and strips all the needed deposits. Edited by: Keefbikes