Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

Fuek guage seems to work backwards

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM

I have a 99 Amigo that reads 1/4 tank of fuel after a fill up. After about 100 miles the guage reads full and the fuel light flashes. I have recieved the codes P1627 definition PCM A/D conversion malfunction, Probable cause is failed ECM. P1635 Definition is 5 volt reference voltage circuit malfunction, probable causes poor electrical connection, shorted sensor, failed ECM. Anyone else have this type of problem? I''m sorry this is in conjunction with the vehicle having a stuttering problem (starving for fuel) that goes away. Also when turning the key on the fan starts and the vehicle hasn''t been drove in hours.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:58 PM

If you change computer make sure it''s the same I changed compter trying to solve another problem and the fuel gauge stoped working certIAN YEARS THEY HAVE TO RE CALABRATED

Old 09-17-2008, 02:05 PM

Hey Papa,

If you look at some of the older threads, there is reference tofuel gauge problems not indicating the correct fuel amount in the gas tank. I have a 99 and have the same problem. From what I understand after reading up on this, the Amigo has a problem with the fuel sender unit in the gas tank (can''t think of the correct name and too busy to look it up). Apparently this was a part that thedealer replaced if it was brought to their attention by the owner, and only if the owner protested as much to get the thing fixed. Otherwise, it was not a item for recall, but again I could be wrong.But in short, the fix was to replace this fuel sending unit which required the removal of the gas tank. Other previous posts on this subject mentioned that the replacement part didn''t always fix the problem and or it was no longer available. However, other posts mentioned that there was a compatibile part that was available for the Rodeo that worked and solved the problem.

For me, I still have this problem, but have learned to live with it. What I do, whenever I fill up the gas tank (and I always fill up the gas tank), I reset the odometer reading to zero. Then I just drive up to when I know I''m getting close to empty. My gas tank has 17.7 gallon capacity. I know I get about up to 20 mph, which gives me up to 350 miles before I have to fill up. But just in case, I always fill up when I''m close to or hit the 300 mile mark. Then I fill up and reset the odometer to zero again. All the while, the fuel gauge indicator arrow bounces back from empty, to full, to 1/4 full, to half full, back to zero and then back up to 3/4, etc. ...So as long as the gas is still flowing and that I know how much gas I have, I''ve learned to live with it.