Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

fuel guage issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:29 PM

Maybe someone will have some extra info. My fuel guage is moving back and forth. The fuel light is flashing. The check engine light comes on. I scan the vehicle and got a code P1627 (PCM analog to digital conversion malfunction). I put another fuel assender in and no change. I tested the wires. I have a good ground and I have 5 volts exactly on the power wire to the assender. I suspect a bad PCM. Any thoughts or anyone had a similar problem?

Old 11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

YOU HAVE A BAD FUEL SENDER,MAKE SURE YOU DIDNT PUT A BAD ONE IN.THE 1627 CODE SETS FOR THAT PROBLEM,ISUZU SELLS AN FUEL SENDER KIT FOR ABOUT 50.00,YOU DONT HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE PUMP.IF YOU INSTALLED AN AFTERMARKET ONE.MORE THAN LIKELY IT NO GOOD.AN LOOK CLOSELY AT THE SENDER ELECTRICAL CONTACTS,THERE PROABLY ARE BROKEN OFF AN NOT MAKING CONTACT.(the part that the float conects too).

Old 11-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

wow..good info, thanks IG!

Old 11-17-2005, 08:06 PM

I talked to the guys at the Chevy dealership and they were able to cross the sender number over to a GM number. I will have the new sender tomorrow. I think he said the part cost about $39.00.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

well, at least it wasnt that priecy

Old 11-21-2005, 05:54 PM

IF THE VEHICLE IS A 1998 THE COMPUPTER (PCM) NEEDS TO REPROGRAMMED . ONLY THE DEALER CAN DO THIS

Old 11-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Well, I got the fuel sending unit put in and the guage is stable now but I still had an issue with the check engine light. I would clear the code and it would return minutes later. So, I ended up putting anothe PCM in and everything seems to be fine now. Yes, it had to be programmed but when I ordered it, I gave them the vin # and it came pre-programmed.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Fishkiller,

what year is yours?

I have the same exact problem, 2001, but I haven't scanned the codes yet.

It started whenever the fuel was getting low, the check engine light would come on but I didn't have a gauge malfunction at that time . That went on for a few months. Now I have the same problem you have, the fuel light coming on intermittently and the gauge waving up and down, and eventually the check engine light comes on.

If you have the GM part number, please provide it? I think it is a sender problem because it happens mostly after I go around a turn.

How much did the PCM cost you?

thanks,

Joe

Old 12-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Scanned the code and got PO463, Fuel level sensor circuit, high voltage

that sounds like a computer problem, but I'll replace the sensor first and check the input voltage.

Joe

Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fishkiller187
Well, I got the fuel sending unit put in and the guage is stable now but I still had an issue with the check engine light. I would clear the code and it would return minutes later. So, I ended up putting anothe PCM in and everything seems to be fine now. Yes, it had to be programmed but when I ordered it, I gave them the vin # and it came pre-programmed.

Quick Reply: fuel guage issue