Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Trooper unfixable?? Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Default Trooper unfixable?? Help

I have a 2002 Trooper LS that after it warms up will do an erratic idle and stall when coming to a stop. Replaced the throttle body , gas cap , intake gasket , bad coil pack , plugs. The check engine light is currently off , but I've replaced everything the code said was an issue. I don't believe it's unfixable, however my mechanic is done with it and the new shop I took it to couldn't find the problem either. Any ideas what to check next? Thanks!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 AM

That's what I hate about the newer generations of cars, everything is so computer controlled. Gone are the days when you could take a road trip with a couple of screwdrivers, crescent wrench and, vice grips and feel reasonably confident that you were well equipped enough to handle most general road emergencies. That having been said, I would not discount the possibility that your computer is the culprit. I have had to change out the ECU on one of my other vehicles, a 2002 Dodge truck. Reconditioned units can be found on the internet with lifetime warranties for reasonable money. They're easy enough to change but, may have to be programed by an Isuzu dealer to communicate properly with the rest of the systems. It seems that the more seemingly unrelated things that are going wrong, the more likely that it could be the computer.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Hey thanks! I'll give it a try. I believe the ecu was one the original codes the first trip to the mechanic , but they thought it would be the throttle body instead.