Front differential shaft question - Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum > Past Models > Trooper
Reload this Page >

Front differential shaft question

Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Front differential shaft question

Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Default Front differential shaft question

Hi everyone. Am a newbie here. I just got myself a forgotten, god forsaken, “thrown to the dustbin of history” 3-door 1986 first generation trooper II with long wheelbase. Its not running now and its a major project for me to get it back on the road.
It had a gasoline engine when brand new but for some reason at some time in the past, the owner took it off and installed an old school isuzu C240 in it. For the past 5 years its been sitting in his garage and when i towed it to my place, i found out the front drive shaft to the front differential was missing, meaning i cant have a 4x4 function without it.

My question: is the drive train for all gen1 troopers the same even if their engines differ, be it gasoline or diesel ?? I intend to drop in a factory correct C223 (turbo) or a 4JB1-T..... so.... will the front drive shaft be the same even if the engines are interchanged .... gasoline to diesel ??

Cheers

Les