Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

New 1992 Trooper Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 PM

I just purchased a 92 Trooper. Not sure if it is a S or LS. It is a 5 speed and has 265000 miles. The engine and transmission were replaced about 50k ago. I have a couple questions as there are some things that need to be fixed.

It has the factory tape player and separate CD player. While listening to the radio the CD player freaks out and thinks there is a cd in the player or something? Any ideas? Also I am going to replace the front and rear speakers and possibly put a cheap after market cd player in. Any advice on doing those things?

The speedometer doesn''''t work all the time. It seems like it always works after driving for about 15 or 20 minutes but when first started it doesn''''t usually work. Any Ideas?

The power steering pump or lines going to/from the pump are leaking pretty bad. I am going to replace the lines. Is there anything tough or special about doing this?

I replaced the alternator and power steering belt the other day but had trouble figuring out the AC belt. I had to cut it off because I couldn''''t figure out how to adjust the tensioner.

I checked the battery cables and both are pretty bad. They look to be corroded from the inside out. They are working currently as I don''''t have too bad of a voltage drop at the battery but I would like to replace both cables. Has anybody done this?

The drivers seat is a little ripped where you slide in and out. Does anybody have some good suggestions for seat covers?

I just ordered a Haynes manual as well so maybe it will help me out a lot.

Edited by: polarbill1999