Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

dash lights battery brake fuel no blower

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><T><T><T><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=text>

I am having these problems with my 1993 Trooper (3.2L SOHC 4x4 5 sp manual):

1) The gas light, brake light, battery light, auto cruise light, reading lower than 12 volts, and the a/c blower isn't working...

2) Then, randomly,I hear what sounds like a switch opening and closing. Suddenly, all the dash lights go out (like when things are normal), the blower kicks on, and I have above 12 volts again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reading other posts, you guys are saying get a new Alternator. What brand do these vehicles come with on the OEM? Bosch? Nippondenso? You also said, some of you, get a good one, like from Napa, or OEM... People seemto say avoid AutoZone ones... I have a link from Napa up ahead... How do I know which is the good one from Napa? Napa does Not identify what brand theirs are... Some said get a bosch.

http://napaonline.com/masterpages/NO...px?PageId=430& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;CatId=11&amp;SubCatId=2 Are those good Alternators? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Napa does Not tell you what brand you are buying.

One more thing. Why are so many alternators and AC Compressors that are rebuilt of poor quality? Why Why Why? [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] Do they have drunk people reman'ing them? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] Is autozone the Devil? Help!!!

------------------------------------------------------------ -----

Edit: I found a website with rebuilt Bosch's and Nippondenso's - what would be best? [img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]

Edit 2: I found Bosch's website: http://www.boschautoparts.com/RB.NA.AFTERMARKET.BOSCHAUTOPAR TS.CMS/templates/VehiclePartFinder/VehiclePartFinderResultsT emplate.aspx?NRMODE=Published&amp;NRNODEGUID=%7bB0 45EDBE-273 5-4740-B308-1FE402C47E2A%7d&amp;NRORIGINALURL=%2fResources%2 fVehiclePartFinder%2fVehiclePartFinderResults%2eht m%3fYear%3 d1993%26Make%3dISUZU%26Model%3dTROOPER_S%26Engine% 3dV6%25203 %2e20%2520GAS&amp;NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest&amp;En gine=V6%20 3.20%20GAS&amp;Model=TROOPER_S&amp;Year=1993&amp;M ake=ISUZU

Part #: AL4432X -- Reman Alternator 75A

------------------------------------------------

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...artType=11&amp ;PTSet=A

Advance Auto Parts DOES tell you what brand you are buying... [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]</TD></TR></T></T></T></T></T></T></T></TABLE>

Edited by: chabat

Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Well, I ordered a reman Bosch from NAPA. When I called an actual store they told me which brand was which. $179.00. I will post an update when I get it and put it in.

Anyone know what brand alternatorIsuzu uses OEM on the Trooper?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:53 PM

************UPDATE************* 10/21/07:*******

I installed the Bosch Alternator from NAPA myself. It was remanufactured with a one year warranty. Jacked up passenger side, put on jackstand, removed front wheel, and had alternator out in about 20 minutes. Had the new one in, in about the same amount of time. The new one was slightly larger, but ther were no fitment issues, it went right in.

I did this about 6 weeks ago, no problems since. The dash lights are back to normal. A/C blower works normally. Battery stays charged. No issues whatsoever since I replaced it. My truck had about 184K when I replaced it.Edited by: chabat