Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Transmission won't upshift

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Default Transmission won't upshift

So I recently bought a 2000 rodeo auto 2wd LSE that has 133,xxx miles. I was told it just needs a tranny. What I've done so far is: changed tranny fluid & filter, all the solenoid(TCC,EBC,1-2,3-4 and one other I can't remember the name of it). I bought it as a kit. The reverse gear works fine and it drivers fine but only in first gear. My fuses are all good and my alternator is charging fine. I have no other issues but can't figure out the tranny problem. Any help is appreciated,thanks!!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 AM

these trannies seem to be made to burn up, once the filter & fluid is not being changed in time they quickly overheat. I had to have mine rebuilt once on my previous Rodeo at about 120kmiles.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:19 AM

As far as i think there must be overheat problem while starting because the filter and fluid have not been changed from a very long time. So, you should need to replace that and i hope it will work fine after changing .

----------------------------------
SEO company

Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Default Mode Switch

My 92 Rodeo is a 4x4 but I think it has the same 4L30E Auto Transmission your 2wd has. There is a "Mode" switch on the driver's side of the transmission behind the main manual shift lever. You must remove this switch. Take it apart by removing the star screws (be careful not to lose spring and ball bearing), and clean the contacts with electrical cleaner and/or some 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper if real bad corroded. While it's apart plug the air hole with silicone or something to keep water fropm getting in it, Then replace the switch adjusting it so that it's in the proper position (over the counter auto parts store manual will tell you how to do this), and this should correct your problem if the transmissions solonoids and such are OK.

Also change the fluid and filter. If yours is anything like mine underneath it will be the hardest pan pull & trans filter change you'll ever go through (it was for me). In most cases this will fix the problem.

Good luck.