Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Stub Axle needed....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Default Stub Axle needed....

I've got a '93 Isuzu Rodeo and the other day, I found my left (driver's side) inside CV Axle Shaft had popped off (differential side). That was quite disconcerting. Took it into the garage and they found that the stub axle (long, splined shaft that comes from the differential through the axle housing is worn and the CV Axle Shaft will not stay on. I remember having 4WD problems last year with my Auto Locking Hubs not working and getting some terrible "clunks." I assume that contributed to the wear(?). All was well when I replaced the malfunctioning hits with manual locking hubs.

Anyways, I have no clue where to begin looking for such a part. I'm here in Canada and finding Isuzu parts is new impossible. I'm not even sure what part name to search for. The garage calls it a stub axle or stub shaft. Whenever I go to online part places, they take me to CV Axle Shaft parts. Is this a part I'm going to have to look for at salvage yards? How hard will it be to find this in the States? I have a father-in-law in South Dakota who is more than willing to help me in my search.

Can anyone here direct me to maybe an online source that can at least identify the part for me with even a picture? Thanks.