Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

rodeo isnt getting fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM

My 97 rodeo died on me the other day. I so I started checkin it out and couldn''t hear the fuel pump so I sprayed it with starting fluild and it fired. so I ve pulled the old pump and sending unit put new stuff in and still not getting any fuel from the pump. Ive checked all my connections and swaped the relay and still no juice. If anyone has an idea what to lokk for i would be greatful. I just want my rodeo back on the rode.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:18 AM

Never Mind got the Beast back on the road

Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM

So what did it turn out to be?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 AM

You KNow the loom that the plugs the fuel pump sending unit to the truck. Well in the center of it a wire was picnched and then broke when I peeled it back. I was so pissed but so happy at the same time everything is workin good but. I got a vacume leak now in the 4x4 and thinkin bout just putting manual hubs in it and be done with the auto locks. do you have any feed back on that and what kind of lift did you put on your truck?

Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM

Glad you found the problem. I thought that might be it but its very unusual.

With manual hubs you will still need the vacuum system to engage/disconnect the front axle unless you permanently lock the actuator in the 4wd position. A leak shouldnt be too hard to fix. A lot of ppl swap to manual hubs just cuz the automatic ones can be a pain. Actually I think the ''96-97 has drive flanges instead of hubs just like the 2nd gens do, not positive. I put manual hubs on mine to stop the cv axles from turning all the time, even in 2wd. With the lift, the angle of them wears the boots out even faster. I just lock them in when I leave in the morning if I think I might need 4wd that day. There are 3 options for hubs. OEM Aisin which are usually around $100 used unless you find some in a salvage yard for a good price (seen as low as $20) and they are the strongest. Warn which are pretty strong but can be spendy. Or, Superwinch which are the weakest but cheapest. I have the Superwinch on mine and have had no problem with them. I prefer the hubs to be the weakest link since they are the cheapest and easiest part to replace. I carry the stock drive flanges as trail spares just in case. Cheapest place I''ve found for them is Summit Racing.

My lift would be different then yours since 2nd gens have coil springs and gen 1.5 has leafs but I got the stuff from Independent4x. Matt is a big supporter of the Isuzu community and drives them himself.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:19 AM

yeah I thougt bout jus chasing down the leak. I got a question last night my 4x4 light came on but it wasnt engauged.whats p with that. I also work at Napa auto so parts aren''t ever a problem or really that bad in price[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]. And I also sell and install my parts also I sell new body panels. so if you ever need something hit me up. so any idea''s on whats upwith the light deal it was cold as hell last night so I was thinin the dence air made it kick on. but Im new to this vacume sh*t. hit me up with any idea''s always up to learning something. Cause I love my rodeo''s. thanks Boreman