Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Getting Started on my ’95 Rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 AM

Hi, everyone. I just bought a '95 Rodeo. It's well broken in, with over 200,000 miles. It's a good-running vehicle, and mainly needs some interior love. I've noticed a couple of glitches right off that I want to start with.

First of all, the light on the left side of my dash is out. Any help on how to replace that? Will it take a dash-disassembly, or is there a back door some where?

The interior light doesn't come on when I open the driver door, but it works. It comes on with the switch and with other doors. Any ideas.

Once since I bought it, I started it and the A/C didn't work. Wouldn't blow anything at all. And a few lights on the dash were on (oil warning, etc.). I drove it down the street and it drove fine. I killed it and started it back up. The A/C came on and worked, and those dash lights went off. Obviously something electrical, but any ideas on where to start?

Sorry to throw some odd-ball questions at you to start. I just got the Rodeo yesterday and I've barely had time to notice these things. I'm going to spend some time on it this evening, so thought I would get a head start on some solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Randall

Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
dash lights will require removal of the gauge cluster...there should be screws around the shroud to remove,and then the cluster should be screwed in as well. undo those screws,and then disconnect any wiring harnesses/speedo cable and to replace the bulbs,they should just twist out.

My dome light also doesnt work when the door is open,but the door lights do,and my dome light is functional.

cant help you with the AC,I never use AC.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:46 PM

The dash lights and a/c not working are classic signs of a bad alternator. These trucks are power hungry and very picky about voltage so when the alt fails it does odd things electricly. Its also designed to start shutting down unnecessary things when it goes bad such as a/c, blower fan, some lights, etc.

Get an OEM or Bosch alternator. It will eat most other aftermarket alts and you will be replacing again within the next 3 months.

The dome light problem is probably just a bad switch on that door.

Wait on the dash light thats not working until after getting a new alternator and see if that takes care of it first.

Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM

All of that is good information, Gizmo. Thanks. I'll start looking into it. The alternater makes sense because if I rev it up, the A/C comes on and the lights go off.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 AM

lol,but changing a dash light is easier and cheaper than replacing an alternator.

When I bought my Rodeo last month,I was happy to see it had a brand new,shiny alternator installed.
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>

Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by BlueRodeo

lol,but changing a dash light is easier and cheaper than replacing an alternator.<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//--></>

I'm not dumb enough to replace an alternator before I check a light. In fact, I had already replaced the light before I replied to his post. The other problem of the dash lights coming on and the A/C staying off still persists, so looking at the alternator gives me a starting point for that.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueRodeo
lol,but changing a dash light is easier and cheaper than replacing an alternator.

Yes but his alternator ismost probablybad. Has all the symptoms of hundreds of other posts of bad alts form these forums. With any electrical problems on these truck, if the alt is bad, replace it first then work on whats left.

When I bought my Rodeo last month,I was happy to see it had a brand new,shiny alternator installed. &lt; =&gt;

Hope its a good brand and not "house" brand rebuild. Otherwise it wont last long. Luckily I havent managed to kill mine yet (mud will kill them quick) so havent had to change one.Edited by: Gizmo42