Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

EGR?

Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Okay I have a honda passport but it same engine as Rodeo so.I just bought it and the check engine light is on scanned it at autozone got p0401 404 found the post on here that said to clean egr so I took egr off cleaned it put it on same thing then I seen a post that said to take throttle body off and clean a pipe thats in front.Well to throttle body off and did not find and pipe the only thing close to it was the pvc port is that the pipe that is being referred to cause if so I did not have to remove throttle body to clean that.Any awnsers.What pipe are we talking about.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:11 PM

When you look in the intake it's the only tube facing you. Mine was full of carbon...I used a screw to remove most of the build up: You could screw the screw into it and then pull it out full of carbon. Then I used q-tips with cleaner on them. Fixed all my clattering too.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM

I not sure what you mean by tube.I will take it off and look again

Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 AM

Hey found the tube it was completly blocked.It was so blocked I could'nt tell it was there.Anyway it did not fix the light.came back on so probably bad egr.I had the dealer check out the a/c cause it did not work and they said bad compressor.they quoted me 1400 dollar for a compressor job which includes a drier.Does that sound right to you guys.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

YES THAT CORRECT AC. COMPRESSORS ARE EXPENSIVE.AN THE EGR TUBE ,YOU HAVE TO GET IT CLEAN ALL THE WAY UP THE TUBE.A COAT HANGER AN CARB SPRAY WORKS WELL.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 AM

Well now the check engine light has gone off but would come back then go back but 80 % of the time it stays off.Its been off for 2 days now so maybe its finaly fixed.I think the egr valve is probably going out.Anybody know where to get a/c parts cheaper than dealer.Autozone has compressor but no orfice tube but does have orfice tube for Rodeo same year.Are the orfice tubes for passport same as Rodeo.Also is there any difference between a/c compressor for 97 as to 98 because i can get 97 compressor cheaper than 98

Old 05-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

they all are around the same price.just shop around for the cheapest deal.an isuzus dont have orifice tubes.they use expansion valve inside the dash near the evaporator.they rarley go bad an dont need to be change with the compressor,although autozone tries to talk you into it or they wont warrenty the compressor.along with the drier replacement.dont be fooled.its BULL@#$%. dont think i,m aloud to right profanity.i,m i right patrick?[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: ISUZUGURU

Old 05-16-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by jspegg
Hey found the tube it was completly blocked.It was so blocked I could'nt tell it was there.Anyway it did not fix the light.came back on so probably bad egr.

As isuzuguru said make sure to get all the way into the tube. Mine wasnt too bad and I just used a long pipe brush (for fish tanks) and some intake cleaner. If yours is really packed it make take a few cans of cleaner and something stiffer. I have read one post on another board of somone using the covering for a bicycle brake cable with the plastic taken off then attached to a drill.

If it turns out the EGR valve is bad there are apparently options for replacing it. I know of 2 ppl that have gotten one from a mid - late 90's GM 3800 V6 in salvage yards and they work fine. They look identical but have different part numbers from the isuzu.

Your best bet for the a/c is to buy your own then have a shop install it. Or, install it yourself but have a shop put a vacuum on it then charge it. Wont have to pay their mark up for the part that way. Just change the compressor and dryer.