Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

A couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM

Sounds like your abs was doing what its supposed to do. The sound is the module releasing pressure in pulses. Its supposed to prevent the brakes from locking up allowing you to steer and not just slide, which is what would happen if the brakes are locked. It uses the sensors to look at the wheel speed and if it senses one wheel is stopped it will start releasing pressure to allow it to turn.

The problem with abs is alot of ppl dont know how to use it. Its not meant to help you stop faster, in fact it will increase stopping distance alot of times if you already know how to properly stop with standard brakes. Its main purpose is to allow you to steer while slowing so you can hopefully steer around the problem.

If you have 2 identical vehicles (1 with abs and 1 without) going the same speed and you slam on the brakes at the same time and just hold them to the floor the abs equipped one will stop faster though because you arent just sliding the tires.
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
No, I'm pretty sure the abs is not working properly. When I say it makes it harder to stop i mean it makes it a lot harder to stop. I almost ended up running a stop sign after getting up to about 5 mph and a slight tap on the brakes. Also, the grinding sound is pretty loud. I've had a few people who have abs ride with me and a few drive it and none have said that's just what abs is supposed to do. I kinda think the abs is only partially working but something in there is busted not allowing it to engage properly. I'd go in and have it tested, but it's just not worth the money in my opinion. I kinda find abs to be annoying anyway.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 PM

yaaaaaaaaa the backseats! Like I said in my first post here I'm new to rodeos to, and I'm glad I went and got new tires, took a while even for the tire guys to figure out that all the stuff you need for a tire change is under the backseats [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
I would have been lost if I had a flat somewhere in the woods...
(of course I don't like to read manuals hehehe)
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>