Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2001 Rodeo problems: Speedo, CD player and more...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Question 2001 Rodeo problems: Speedo, CD player and more...

If there's anyone actually in here that can give me some insights to these problems (thank you):

Last week the wife's 2001 V6 Rodeo speedo quit and after she restarted the engine, the check engine light came on and now she's scared to drive it. I'm thinking it is just a standard metal cable that broke, but....? Is it all electronic these days?

Her CD factory player died too many years ago and I guess I need to start working on her truck more these days.
Does the fake wood trim piece just pull off or are there hidden screws some where? Any "do not do when pulling the stereo out" steps?

While I'm in the dash area, her AC controls have slide inward and it is hard to get them to work.....any tricks in getting that control out too?

At what mileage / years should you replace the timing belt?

Any tricks to getting the #6 spark plug boot (near the brake booster) off the spark plug so I can replace the plug? I just bought a spare rubber tube and if it gives more troubles...it will get ripped out. I have tried spraying WD40 down inside the tube the last time so maybe I'll get lucky this time!

Thank you, JM

Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Lightbulb

Well, since no one wants to tried giving any answers for me...I did some other research and figure out how to remove the CD / radio player (easy when you know where the hidden screw is) and found the fan switch had burn up on the fast speed so the switch burn the lock clip and fell inwards.

On the speedo problem, I found out they are electronic control with a sender off the trans that I need to get from a dealer along with the above fan switch.

On the #6 spark plug tube under the coil.....wrap a HD wire around it a couple of times and use it to tug it off. Spray WD40 down the top and let it set over night and then tug on it. If you rip it.....don't pay the dealer the $225 for the coil and plug tube as I can get them from one of my hard part warehouse suppliers.