General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2001 Rodeo Transmission Synch problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Default 2001 Rodeo Transmission Synch problems

Local Transmission shop rebuilt my 2001 Rodeo Transmission about a year ago. I took it in because the dashboard indicator did not synch with the shift indicator. Worked fine for almost a year. as of last month, the synch problem started again. Took it back to shop. They replaced the switch on the transmission. worked fine for one day. Same problem. took it back again....same thing...replaced switch, worked fine for one day and then synch problem started again. Finally, the Mechanic figured it was the Transmission computer. Installed a Used computer and another switch.....This time it lasted a week!!!!! Took it back, Mechanic kept the truck for a week, said he checked all the wires and he doesn't know why the switches keep burning up...Told me I"ll have to take it to a dealer. I've gone through 4 switches in one month!!! Is there something internal in the Transmission that would cause the switches to go bad? I purchased a Three year warranty on the transmission rebuild when I had it done a year ago. Does anybody know what makes the switch go bad on the Rodeos?? I am at my wits end trying to find and answer to this problem...PLEASE HELP

Trust Deed
Trust Deeds

-------------------