'04 Rodeo w/ 3.5 DI Parts Info - Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum > Past Models > Rodeo
Reload this Page >

'04 Rodeo w/ 3.5 DI Parts Info

Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

'04 Rodeo w/ 3.5 DI Parts Info

Old 11-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Default '04 Rodeo w/ 3.5 DI Parts Info

Hello. A friend of mine gave me this car 2 weeks ago saying that it had an unusual engine and no parts were available. He bought it new in Puerto Rico and shipped it here a few years ago. Anyway this car had a seized bearing on the fan pulley housing and the part, an aluminum housing that looks like a water pump except there's no pump, and supposedly that part is unavailable. This part acts not only to drive the fan but also as an idler for the serpentine belt. Without it you have no drive accessories like A/C, power steering, alternator, etc. I figured if I could replace the bearing I could save this car from the bone yard. The bearing is unusual (at least to me); It has about a 4" shaft going thru a sleeve of about 2" with a roller bearing on one end and a ball bearing on the other. After I'd almost exhausted my web searches, I found a guy who said he could find bearings for just about anything. Today the bearing he found arrived ...THE EXACT BEARING! It took about a week.
$25 delivered! I was amazed...... I'll have it pressed in tomorrow.