Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

01 Rodeo bad a/c compressor shredded serpentine belt

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Default 01 Rodeo bad a/c compressor shredded serpentine belt

So two days ago I bought a 2001 Rodeo for a great price, and drove it home two hours away. Yesterday morning I hopped in it to transfer the title, and my power steering didn't work. Long story short, the a/c compressor seized and shredded the serpentine belt. I immediately ordered a new compressor, but in this small town I live in, the mechanics don't want to do the installation.

Here's my question: can I bypass the compressor with a shorter serpentine belt so I can at
least drive the darn thing? And if so, does anyone know what the length is? I appreciate any help here.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Default Bettee late than never isn't always true

Originally Posted by Thisoldspouse
So two days ago I bought a 2001 Rodeo for a great price, and drove it home two hours away. Yesterday morning I hopped in it to transfer the title, and my power steering didn't work. Long story short, the a/c compressor seized and shredded the serpentine belt. I immediately ordered a new compressor, but in this small town I live in, the mechanics don't want to do the installation.

Here's my question: can I bypass the compressor with a shorter serpentine belt so I can at
least drive the darn thing? And if so, does anyone know what the length is? I appreciate any help here.
It doesn't appear that you got an answer to your question
I'm sure you solved the issue by now but just in case, yes, you can use a shorter belt
You don't need to order it by length....just give the vehicle info to your local auto parts store and tell them there's no A/C