New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

new owner of 93 trooper

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Default new owner of 93 trooper

Hello everyone,
Im new to this forum , new to the Isuzu thing. Happened that bought 93 trooper yesterday from some "wired ppl".I was looking to buy mid size suv or pickup track to help around, u know tow the boat, just little around the town driving... Anyways i was on the way to check older Tacoma when we spot the Red Trooper FOR Sale sign. Guy was asking $750 for it , manual 5 speed 3.2 .He said the water pump is bad and thats the only thing wrong with it. Honestly i didnt know how much worth those car are but spending 2k for the toyota that i pllaned to buy and vs 750?? I like to keep some more in my pocket right. So i got the car for $550. Decent tires ,we made it home without overheating or any crazy stuff .
Today i got the pump out checked bunch of other things and found the front shaft is missing between transfer and front diff. Then there is partly gone support beam rusted out under radiator and leaky radiator hahaha. Well few other little things . I still thing this is going to be good truck , just wish ppl would not hold some facts inside
So what would be the reason for missing shaft ?
Im scared to try the transfer case in 4wd ( i have the shaft on the way )....Anything common i should look out for ?

Im getting new t belt kit and pump plus used front shaft.

I am just worry that there might be some more buried problems inside and bill could get higher.
btw i never owned Isuzu product. The Trooper is my first purchase and kind of like the look, space inside and price as for today...

Im gonna do my homework here hopefully run on some interesting posts but if someone feel like pitching 2cents , i will be more than happy to read .

Thanks

Dan