New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

New Isuzu Trooper Owner :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I am a 37 year old mom to 4 who was *just* able to get out of the mini van rut![img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]I still regularly haul around 2 younger children and will be hauling a service dog soon so I needed something with room. I love to camp and am a tarantula enthusiest so I really wanted something that would hold up in at least lightoff road use as well. I would need to make payments but also didn't want to be in debt forever for a car.

I fell in love with and purchased a 1996 Isuzu Trooper. It is rather high mileage at 180k but all the reviews I have read say that these guys just keep going [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

The previous owner was an insurance man and traveled a lot but apparently did regular oil changes and care so I hope it hasn't taken too much of a beating. It does have the infamous Trooper lifter tick.

She is in EXCELLENT shape cosmetically and I would say good shape mechanically. Even the CD changer and cruise control work [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I am here to learn from other Trooper owners' experiences and suggestions since I plan to keep her around a LONG time. The only upgrades already planned are a receiver hitch installation and speaker upgrades but that may change.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>