New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

First time Rodeo owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 AM

Hi everybody! I'm new here, having just purchased a 1995 Rodeo I figured I'd find a forum as they always come in handy for DIY stuff. Anyway I have never owned any sort of truck and only a few old automatics so the setup of the Rodeo is all new to me. I'm coming from an 89 Prelude, but with a kid on the way it was time to get something bigger with a/c and allowed me to have a free hand. So if you guys wouldn't mind I have a couple questions that will probably seem stupid to you:
1. This thing has a power button and winter button, should I only use those when towing or what?
2.It has a little bit of a hesitant start, in my car I would assume battery but I thought maybe there was something inherent to these things other than that
3.My dash light has the R.ABS and brake light lit up all the time, from what I've read this is a sensor issue, is it that important or can I fix that later?
4.My dome light only comes on when I flip the switch, the whole door open thing doesn't work, is this a fuse or relay of some sort?
5.Coming from a tuner type car I was wondering, are there any after market preformance parts anyone would recommend or sites that are better than others?

sorry to be a newb but any help would really be appreciated. thanks folks

Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 PM

1) I use the power button all the time, use it for faster acceleration, it upshifts the tranny at higher rpm's; eg: instead of upshifting at 3000 rpm, it might shift at 4000, or w/e. And winter mode helps to make sure your tires dont slip, on ice/snow and stuff. It starts the tranny in 3rd gear, I use it in winter (obviously) and when I'm in traffic, because when idling, the car doesnt move, and it accelerates much slower which is good in traffic.

2) V V V
3)Cant help you sorry
4) ^ ^ ^

5) Not much performance parts per say. What I did to my 97 rodeo, is installed a performance K&N Intake kit + filter, but besides that not much if your going for the pimped out street type truck. But if you want to go for 4x4 mods, theres a sh*t load of stuff. Lifts, tires, u know, the basics.

\Well congrats on ur rodeo, u'll love it. I know I do!