General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Losing power at 3000 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 05:26 PM
Default Losing power at 3000 rpm

So I have a 2015 Dmax and I am struggling to work out why it is losing power at 2800-3000 RPM. Two dealers mechanics have tried to fix it but they can not work out what the issue is. First it was fuel related and the filter was replaced and lines checked. Then it was transmission related and that was checked. Now a second dealing is looking at it and they have looked at ECG and fuel system and still can't work it out. The last thing they said was it might be the crankshaft sensor... any ideas anyone as I have already lost one week of my holidays and it is killing me!!!

Old 01-16-2023, 12:05 AM
Lightbulb Losing power at 3000 rpm

Originally Posted by Ripcurled
So I have a 2015 Dmax and I am struggling to work out why it is losing power at 2800-3000 RPM. Two dealers mechanics have tried to fix it but they can not work out what the issue is. First it was fuel related and the filter was replaced and lines checked. Then it was transmission related and that was checked. Now a second dealing is looking at it and they have looked at ECG and fuel system and still can't work it out. The last thing they said was it might be the crankshaft sensor... any ideas anyone as I have already lost one week of my holidays and it is killing me!!!
Hello Folks Gratitude for the assistance to the extent that the grasp coincidentally! Thus, I got my grasp on and everything changed and twisted Wednesday night. The vehicle would simply begin and kick the bucket Wednesday night which was baffling, so I just let it be. Today I proceeded to get new tires and fixed my linkage. (I had it darted down off-base) which was creating a great deal of different issues. I took the vehicle for a little test cruise all over the block. Uplifting news is that the grip is fine. I'm ready to change into every one of the gears. Terrible news is, I wrecked something while I was doing the grip. The motor turned out great before I began, and presently when I hit around 3k rpms in ANY stuff the vehicle loses power and starts faltering. On the off chance that I let off the gas, some of the time the vehicle simply kicks the bucket. It speeds up very great up to 3k rpms and afterward it seems like the motor simply quits working. Seems like either a fuel or a pressure issue. What is the principal thing I ought to check? The vehicle is driveable, however driving a Porsche that won't go more than 3000 rpms sort of sucks. Any assistance is enormously valuable.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by dsoxlx; 01-17-2023 at 02:39 PM.