General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

99 amigo check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM

Hi I posted in the amigo section .I have a 99 amigo i changed out a bad motor.the check engine light comes on for a couple of days and goes off for a couple of days.I had it to 2 mechanics and it came up engine misfire and cam sensor.I changed out 3 different cam sensors and the light still comes on,i changed egr,both 02 sensors ,map sensor,plugs wires,coil pac,injectors and even tried a diff computer it does exactly the same thing.I don't know what I could possbly be missing.this thing runs like a top and doesnt miss at all.plugs arent fouled.anybody have any ideas ? Am i missing something simple ? This thing is driving me crazy. I bought this truck with a bad motor and called the guy I bought it from and he said the light wasn't on when he had it.I was thinking a problem with bad wire somewhere but why would it not come up right away,I can drive for a couple of days before the light comes on .The light will go off and I even had it inspected and it passed when the light went off.PLEASE HELP