Axiom Talk about Isuzu Axiom related topics here...

Axiom MID display wrong date

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 10:14 AM
Default Axiom MID display wrong date

I know this car is ancient, and it appears that no one's questions ever get answered on this site, but I am going to try anyway. I cannot get a answer from anyone, Isuzu mechanics or Isuzu America, or from the internet. It seems stupid but the MID display has a date on it that is from 4 years ago. (It is now May and the date says October something)I have tried at least 6 MID displays and GPS sensors all with same problem. I have a GPS signal, every other function works, If I check a perpetual calendar it seems that the day always corresponds to the year 2015. I have called GPS.gov they told me they just send the signal. I think that Isuzu must have stopped updating this signal (their software) but that's' all I can come up with. I don't really need a resolution, I just want to know if everyone's Axiom is doing this?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by joyfulgirl23
I know this car is ancient, and it appears that no one's questions ever get answered on this site, but I am going to try anyway. I cannot get a answer from anyone, Isuzu mechanics or Isuzu America, or from the internet. It seems stupid but the MID display has a date on it that is from 4 years ago. (It is now May and the date says October something)I have tried at least 6 MID displays and GPS sensors all with same problem. I have a GPS signal, every other function works, If I check a perpetual calendar it seems that the day always corresponds to the year 2015. I have called GPS.gov they told me they just send the signal. I think that Isuzu must have stopped updating this signal (their software) but that's' all I can come up with. I don't really need a resolution, I just want to know if everyone's Axiom is doing this?
Yep, I'm having the same problem with my 2002 Axiom. I have no resolution so this is just to let you know you're not alone with this problem. If I happen upon something, I'll be sure to inform you. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how the car has aged... almost 20 years old and it still looks stylish. I guess I can overlook the day/date quirk.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:28 PM

I have a 2002 Axiom XS, just replaced the GPS receive board so now all functions except the day/date are working, same issue, it shows Wednesday Aug 9.
Only Dealer left in the USA thinks it is a programming issue as the satlite is not correcting this issue. very hard issue to fix, i get a sold sattilite signal but cant get this 1 function to work properly

Old 02-28-2023, 04:35 PM

I know it has been a few years, but cleaning up some emails and wanted to share what I think is the answer to this problem, just not the one we wanted
Seems that it is a Isuzu software issue, they just didn't account for the GPS rollover dates, or maybe the fact that these cars would still be going strong 20 years later! So, car thinks it is 20 years ago! See attachments: Using todays actual date(28Feb23) and the date showing(15Jul03), they both correspond to GPS week 203. At least the day of the week is correct! It took a lot to get to the bottom of this and now I can let it go. Sort of

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LabSat.pdf (299.8 KB, 18 views)
LabSat2.pdf (299.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-28-2023, 04:37 PM
Default MID Display GPS Rollover

I know it has been a few years, but cleaning up some emails and wanted to share what I think is the answer to this problem, just not the one we wanted
Seems that it is a Isuzu software issue, they just didn't account for the GPS rollover dates, or maybe the fact that these cars would still be going strong 20 years later! So, car thinks it is 20 years ago! See attachments: Using todays actual date(28Feb23) and the date showing(15Jul03), they both correspond to GPS week 203. At least the day of the week is correct! It took a lot to get to the bottom of this and now I can let it go. Sort of

Attached Files
LabSat.pdf (299.8 KB, 21 views)
LabSat2.pdf (299.0 KB, 17 views)