Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

Squeaking Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:41 PM

I have a 99 with 2.2 5 spd and 92k miles. A couple of weeks ago the clutch started squeaking when I pressed the pedal. The squeak matched the engine RPM's and stopped when the pedal was released.I thought it was probably the throw out bearing. I took it to a repair shop and they made the same diagnosis. I then bought a new clutch and changed it out. I checked the pilot bearing while it was apart and it was in great shape as were the flywheel, shaft end and all the old clutch components including the throw out bearing. When I got it back together and started it, the squeaking sound was unchanged. Does anyone know what else this could be? I relubricated the slave cylinder pin that contacts the pivot arm. I'm at a loss. Help please! Edited by: kjohnson

Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Im confused did you or did you not change the throw out bearing?
Edited by: 4L4N

Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM

Yes, I changed the throw out bearing, the clutch, and the clutch plate even though all of them looked to be in good shape. I figured since I had it apart, I should put in the new parts. I did not change the pilot bearing, as the replacement was a bushing and the original was roller bearing that were well lubricated and in good shape. I did add new grease to the bearing and also greased the shaft end before reassembly. I also inspected the flywheel and it did not appearto needresurfacing. I saw no heat checks or glazing.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Honestly, I dont know. The fact is that the only friction point that could cause noise is between the flywheel and the pressure plate, because its the only place where movement between parts occurs. But considering you replaced the throw out bearing I would have to ask if you have been having transmission problems?

Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM

No, I have not had any transmission problems. I have been having oil pressure problems and will be changing out the oil pump next weekend. I wonder if the clutch pressing against the flywheel could be moving the gear in the oil pump enough to cause wear and squeaking. The engines ability to build and maintain sufficient oil pressure to keep the idiot light off has been steadily dropping off for the last week.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM

Turns out the clutch was not the problem. The engine was going bad and when I pushed in the clutch, I was causing something in the engine torub metal to metal without oil. My oil pressure was also getting lower every day and the idiot light would come on when the rpm's dropped. Found lots of metal shavings in the oil. I finally ordered a new engine (only $1940 from Isuzu) and had it installed last week. Picked it up yesterday and now there is no squeaking and the oil pressure idiot light does not come on at low rpm's. I did however have the check engine light come on after about 10 miles. Took it back to the mechanic who installed the engine and found that it had detecteda random misfire. I noticed on another thread that this has happened to other people. The mechanic cleared the codebut it came back after about 20 miles. I plan to check the plugs and wires over the weekend to see if maybe something is loose. My mechanic is on vacation all next week.