Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Squeaking over bumps and turning wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 PM

Hello. I have a 1986 Trooper Diesel and have a growing squeaking problem coming from the front end when going over bumps and when turning the steering wheel? I know the problem isn't the shocks because I just replaced those about 5,000 miles ago. Does this sound like some sort of steering boot or some other type of bad boot or something?

Thanks so much!Edited by: mntrooperdiesel

Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 PM

When i had that problem i took it to a mechanic and replaced all the tie rod ends, and that didn't cure it. Next they
replaced the pitman arm even though I told them that the pitman was the
problem the first time. Squeak is gone and I have all new tie rods, a
new pitman arm, and an alignment.now i have a new problem, it seems my isuzu trooper radiator keeps overheating, whats best thing to do with this?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM

kurtdaniel i would suggest if you haven't done it allready, flush the hell out of your water system & replace the thermostat, if that don't work, get your rad, heater core, &water pump checked out. as a temp fix you can pull, the thermo out compleatly, while driving it won't warm up to ez but bumper to bumper it'll get pretty warm, just keep an eye on that gauge

Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by brotherwulf
kurtdaniel i would suggest if you haven't done it allready, flush the hell out of your water system &amp; replace the thermostat, if that don't work, get your rad, heater core, &amp;water pump checked out. as a temp fix you can pull, the thermo out compleatly, while driving it won't warm up to ez but bumper to bumper it'll get pretty warm, just keep an eye on that gauge</span>
</font></font>
I was just curious how this relates to a squeeking problem in the front end? The mention of the truck overheating was never mentioned...and what you told him to do would not do anything for the squeeking of his front end.
*edit, disregard my rant, I see who you are responding too*

With that said, I would check all of your bushings in the front end. If it were me, I would check the sway bar first. This generally would be the first check because the sway bar is a stabalizer when turning and takes some impact when hitting bumps.

The sway bar is a thick bar that will run from the lower control arm to the other (one side of the vehicle to the other) and have a mounting point on each frame rail.

Replacement parts should be fairly cheap. I would think at very very most, $40, then of course installation if you have someone else do it. (which shouldn't take no longer than an hour, though i've never done it myself) If you can get a polyurethane bushing, I would suggest those. Its a huge improvement over stock, and shouldn't cost too much more, and would outlast a regular rubber one. If you wanna get real serious, calmini (google it for the website) has a complete replacement sway bar that is thicker and would be the ultimate replacement, (and would include poly bushings )but if you dont wanna go that route, the bushings alone will be just fine.

What causes bushings to go out, they are just a general wear item. Nothing to be worried about.

Hope i'm a help.
-Frank
Edited by: frank

Old 08-12-2007, 04:04 PM

frank, if you read the last part of kurtdaniel's post again he does state that he's having rad over heating issues.ead it again

Old 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM

yes, and if you re-read my post....

Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 AM

sorry [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img] guess we both missed something. lolEdited by: brotherwulf