Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Another 2001 Rodeo with ABS light on

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM

The ABS light on my 2001 Rodeo comes on intermittently.

I have heard of a common problem with the wiring near the rear sensor. I have inspected the wires, but could not see any problems. I performed a continuity check on the wires from the connector under the driver's seat to the rear sensor, and that was OK.

Is there a way to read any codes that might show what is causing the light?

If I understand what I have read correctly, the OBD II code readerswon't show ABS faults.

I also have inspected the sensors, and their wiring looks OK. I know that its not a complete test, but I also have measured the resistance of the sensors. ( I base this on an experience that I had on my Ranger. The rear sensor went out, and read open. The new sensor read about 1.5K ohms.)Edited by: dane

Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

check the harness again ,follow it from the sensor up behind the left rear wheel to a connector,look closely at it there,thats where the wires break ,even pull on the orange ,black,an white wires to make sure they aresecure.you may find they will break.if they do easily theres the problem.the sensor does fail but check the connector CLOSELY

Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 AM

I have read about that connector before, but my Rodeo doesn't have one (near the left rear wheel).

I looked at those wires again last night. It is straight wire from the rear sensor to a connector under the driver's seat. I can see where they bring the sensor wires into the main bundle. I removed the tape at that point, and all of the wires looked fine.

I was hoping that there were some type of codes that I could get at and read. Because it is so intermittent (One time I turn on the car the light is on, and the next time it's off). I feel like a sensor is the most likely culprit. However, since there are 3 sensors, I would rather not have to replace all of them.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:56 AM

Its pretty much always the rear sensor or the wiring for it. Luckily I havent had to deal with that problem yet.