Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Valve Cover Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:53 PM

hey all,

i own a 96 trooper 3.2 v6. i''m grasping at straws on a repair to hopefully clear my check engine light problem. the diagnostics codes read at the auto parts store mentioned that i had a misfire on #5 cylinder and a possible cam sensor problem. Changed spark plugs/cam sensorand noticed oil on the #5 plug. i am changing the tube seals and plan on replacing the valve cover gasket. The new gasket fits into the valve cover fairly self explanatory. However, all the manuals and readings i can find mention silicone rtv sealant application. Where do we put the silicone - all over the valve cover? all over the gasket? In between the gasket and cover? Between the new gasket on the valve cover and the engine?

any help would be great.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2busy

hey all,

i own a 96 trooper 3.2 v6. i''''m grasping at straws on a repair to hopefully clear my check engine light problem. the diagnostics codes read at the auto parts store mentioned that i had a misfire on #5 cylinder and a possible cam sensor problem. Changed spark plugs/cam sensorand noticed oil on the #5 plug. i am changing the tube seals and plan on replacing the valve cover gasket. The new gasket fits into the valve cover fairly self explanatory. However, all the manuals and readings i can find mention silicone rtv sealant application. Where do we put the silicone - all over the valve cover? all over the gasket? In between the gasket and cover? Between the new gasket on the valve cover and the engine?

any help would be great.
ONLY OPUT THE SILICON ON THE CORNERS WHERE THE VLV COVER GO OVER THE END CAM SUPPORTS, NOT OVER THE WHOLE THING
IT WILL BE SO SLIPPERY THAT IT WILL LEAK FOR SURE OR YOU WILL NEVER GET IT OFF AGAIN, JERRY
< =""> <!
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)