Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

TOD "check" light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM

I haven't had mine looked at yet. I'm just too cheap to spend the money. The 4WD still seems to work, I'm just taking lashby's advise and not using it on dry pavement. I'll do that until I have 3-4 hundred bucks laying around that I can't find any use for and then I will take it to the dealer (almost 100 miles) to get it fixed or maybe try it myself if I get too much time on my hands. If you find something out, please post the results. Sorry I couldn't help out much.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 PM

I don't have TOD, but common problems I have read about are the connectors on the sensors on the transfer case get corroded,so careful inspection and cleaning may help. Also, check the front axle, if it has a vacuum operated actuator, then make sure the hoses are onand in good shape. One TOD sensor is on the rear output shaft case (not the speedo one) and the other is on the front output shaft case for the front prop. They are expensive parts to replace, and I don't think they are serviceable, so I would not automatically assume that changing one or both is a good idea. The TOD module is usually under the pass seat. you could also inspect that to see if the connector is fully inserted. Hope this helps.
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-20-2007, 04:19 PM

</>
Thanks guys
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Old 12-23-2007, 06:53 PM

</>
OK ive been trying to diagnose the problem today and need to know a couple things.

I have checked the wiring harness on the pass side crossmember and all looks good, no corrosion/all wires in tact.

There are 2 sensors on the back of the transfer case. one on top and one about 1/2 way down the back of it on the pass side of the case. Are these speed sensors?

Also is there a way to test the 2 sensors on the front and rear shafts of the transfer case? Im assuming these are speed sensors?

And last, someone correct me if im wrong but if 4wd does work but no lights come on saying that thefront wheels are getting power i should be able to rule out the actuator on the front diff as it is engaging 4x4. Is there a sensor the this actuator?

I know i can just drive the trooper like it is but i cannot standwarning/check lights on the dash even if i know nothings wrong so i determined to fix the issue.

Thanks for the help
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Banned

JCK Show: The trend toward big watches | One watch trend was hard to miss at the 2002 JCK Las Vegas Show: the growing popularity of large-sized watches (usually 40 mm-46 mm in diameter) in the U.S. market. Among many mid- and upscale brands showing new or additional large-sized watches were Glycine (Swiss maker of large watches for almost a century) with its new Airman 7 (the largest at 53mm) Anonimo Gevril and Mondia. There are a number of factors behind the big-watch trend several watch vendors told JCK. One is fashion. Once intended for the men's market (military swiss techno master replica pilots etc.) oversized watches are becoming more upscale in price replica piaget miss protocole xl swiss watches often colorful and with diamonds. In addition they are becoming a popular fashion-forward accessory for more U.S. women as seen in new extra-large models by brands such as Jorg Hysek (Kalida) replica watches Locman Alfex Charriol Grimoldi and TeNo. Even brands not known for women's watches-such as Wenger Fortis (B-42) and Krieger-have added over-sized fashion timepieces. Another reason for the growing popularity-and why some watch vendors expect the trend to continue-is demand for larger watches by the affluent but aging "Baby Boomer" generation. Not only can they afford the more expensive timepieces; as several vendors noted breitling avenger replica Baby Boomers also find the larger numerals fake longines watches hands and day/dates easier to read. Whether fashion-forward or "Boomers " buyers of large-sized watches enjoy another benefit: The higher-priced big watches tend to use pocket watch movements which are tougher and more resilient than typical wristwatch movements.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

A fascinating look at celebrated graphic designer Milton Glaser in action. Complemented by some sharp thinking on his part about process. (via Wooster Collective).
replica bell ross watches replica movado harmony watch corum antika mens replica watches

Old 10-18-2015, 05:30 PM

Hello Gang, I would like to chime in with my experience troubleshooting the TOD flashing CHECK light. First off this is my sister in laws vehicle who lives in Delaware. She bought the car at auction.....1st mistake. Found out it needed a trans. The place she took it to
either wouldn't or couldn't rebuild the trans and instead replaced it with a used trans. 2nd mistake. Although the trans worked she complained about the TOD 4 wheel drive lights flashing and the check light would also flash. They told her that nothing was wrong with the trans so they refused to do anything. Fast forward to me. She drove the vehicle to Chicago for me to look over before she heads to California. Now she complained about making hard turns that the car would have a hard time doing it. 4 wheel drive on dry pavement for anyone who has driven 4 wheel drive vehicles. Only problem was she wasn't in 4 wheel drive. Also stated that the rear 2 wheel drive lights never came on anymore just the front lights that flashed while driving. Now the first fix was too easy. The light bulb for 2 wheel drive was burned out. Replaced it and it's now working. That is one expensive bulb. Next we try and read the trouble codes on the trans computer. No fancy equipment is needed for this task. Simple just jump pin 8 from the OBD2 connector to ground and turn on the key to accessory and count the number of times the check light flashes. The light will flash the same code 3 times. So be patient wait long enough for it to cycle through all the codes and write them down. So depending on the code you get it will point you it the direction you need to go kinda. So I came up with the following codes 12, 14, 24, 27, 28. Now this is where it got interesting for me. Started looking at the front solenoids with the vacuum lines going to them. All the lines were intact no leaks i could find and all wires were connected and not corroded. Moving on down the trans on both sides checking every wire connector i could locate for loose or corroded wires. And the finally came when I found a connector worn through be rubbing on the shaft coming out of the transfer case. So this connector was not only rubbing but had in fact broken 3 wires coming out of the connector. This is a direct result of the trans replacement being down and the wires being routed a different way and not being secured so they would move. I was able to solder new wires to what was left of the connector and secure the wire loom away from any moving parts. Next I went to check if the TOD check light was still flashing. It was?????. Silly me I needed to clear out the error codes fro the ECU. Now this step is again easy to perform without and expensive equipment. Remember how to read the error codes just jump pin 8 on the OBD2 connector to ground. This is what your going to do again but first move the lever next to the trans shifter to the neutral position jump pin 8 turn on the key to accessory and then you need to step on the brake pedal 5 times within 5 seconds to clear out the error codes. The 4 wheel drive lights will flash every time you step on the brake pedal. Turn off the ignition. Now try and read the error codes again. You should only get a error code 12 which is normal operation. Guess what your good to go all fixed up. I do have pictures of the connector that was the problem if anyone is interested in seeing them.
I hope this helps someone out there with a ghost problem with the flashing TOD check light.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by troop001
Do u think it could be anything with the EGR valve?
i have a brand new egr valve so i doubt thats where it lies so im down to a low voltage issue or tod sensor that went out checking sensor later this week will update after replacing TOD