Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

starter (or maybe not) problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Hi,

Mi car:Isuzu Trooper 1998, automatic.

Problem: 3 days ago the car did not start as usual. A little bit slower, after I turn on the key. Yesterday even slower in the morning, and finally after 2 hours of driving, after a short parking(10 min), it did not start at all. Initially I was thinking about the battery, and I bought a new one. (the old one was 7 years old), but no look. it must be something else.

When I turn on the key now, I hear a click, but nothing else.

If you think the starter is dead, how I replaced it? it seems to be very difficult to get there. If is not the starter, what else(maybe easier to replace!)

Thanks!

Val

Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM

Val,

Did you ever figure out the problem? I have something very similar. The95 Trooperwasn''t being driven very much. It was slow to start & I had to jump it. Then one day nothing when I turn the key. No click, no lights nothing. I replaced the battery but still absolutelynothing. I checked the starter and there was plenty of juice coming from the battery & I could hear the starter spin. I''m thinking maybe the ignition switch, starter module or maybe a bad wire somewhere.I was just wondering if you had pinned your problem down?

Tom

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Tom,

The starter was bad. I replaced the starter and works. If you hear the starter spin then should be something else.

Val