Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Seeking firsthand experience with Trooper fog light operation

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Default Seeking firsthand experience with Trooper fog light operation

I've just added a Calmini Grill-guard/bull-bar to the front of my 95 Trooper LS. This raises the prospect of adding running/spot/fog lights to the Trooper.

The Trooper LS had fog lights as a dealership option. The wiring harness for fog lights is already there and integrated with the rest of the car's wiring. The fuse for fog-lights was installed when the car left the dealership. The foglight relay needs to be added in the same fuse-box where the fuse is located.

Enumerating the different modes of headlight (I said headlight!) operation -- high-beam, low-beam and off or no-beam -- the fog lights only turn on (from the fog-light dashboard switch -- another item I must add to the car) when the low-beam headlights are working.

Neither the workshop manual nor the owner's manual seem to indicate whether the fog lights work when the headlights are turned "off".

Who knows? The answer to this will influence my choice of using a separate harness/fuse/relay/dashboard-switch for the fogs, or integrating with the existing wiring that's already in the car.