Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

new trooper owner - mixing oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Default new trooper owner - mixing oil

99 ls 3.5
well just joined the forum so I could read up on issues with the trooper and noticed there are not a lot of posts per day. I have an audi and a saab and have been a long time member of each forum. there are sometimes hundreds of posts in a day. I'm hoping the few posts are a good thing
found what I hope is a great vehicle. It's for my daughter and her new baby (her husband is in Iraq). not a lot of them for sale here in colorado and if they do come up they are gone in a day or two. this one is immaculate from end to end and with every service record from this ONE owner car. recent, 6/25, timing belt & serpentine belt done along with brand new treads. tinted windows, white with two tone paint etc. I crawled around it for over an hour looking at everythng I could and drove it for an hour and a half. I was surprised how good the ride is. I read a ton of consumer reviews and was wondering if anyone has tried mixing the oil weights to minimize oil consumption. if so what has been the best combo? also want to beef up the suspension so what has worked for replacements?
Thanks! isuzu dad