Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

First Generation Trooper parts and tech support

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Johnny5ive:
this is Queue Is there any TCM or CID or other collision indicator sensors things or switches that during an IMPACT the sensor would shut off the electrical or fuel system. it woul have to be something simple and obvious because ASE 30 year mechanics don't have a clue yet as to why this engine would not start even with no comperssion in2 cylinders, a exploded timing belt tensioner one foot on one foot crushed and melted plastic found inthe top side of the head ports, the crank sensor how would a tech test it for failure?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM

I am down for $700.00 dollars just for the diagnostic dismantle of this truck SO FAR:
@ $84.00 dollars per hour ASE certified 30+years of experience cannot yet determine why tis engine would not start.
so far : no comperssion in 2 cylinders determined to be bent valves.
: timing sync chain tensioner device has one foot destroyed ad show debri in the top side of the cylinder heads ( if had been pre existing debri would be in the oil pan) : flex plate is not bent and appears to be in good order except the teeth are worn on thestarter side which maybe just normal wear.
now Looking for OEM safety switches that may have been activated by the Impact.
large rubber ***** that duing a collision would smash the fuel line preventing fuel flow and possible fire? or some type of shut off switch.
dodge use them to force the transmission in to a second gear only mode and must be replaced before the vehicle can be rebuilt or repaired. any experience with something like this on the Isuzu?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 PM

You're wasting your time and money. If you can't work on that thing yourself, consider it totalled. Those things are plagued with engine and transmission problems. All your paying for diagnosis is just going to prove the insurance company's case. The cost of an engine and transmission is well beyond what you can pay for an way more reliable vehicle. Get what you can out of The brake place and do some research before you buy a vehicle next time. You just made a bad deal and ended up with one of the biggest lemons in recent history.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 AM

You are either low on coolant or the truck is running hot. It's designed to raise the idle to improve cooling. They typically start doing that when you have a coolant leak or blown head gasket/cracked head.

--------------------------------------
breast actives official website

Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM

it is not a matter of ability it is a matter of legal proof. If i work on the rig I cnnot testify in court as an impartial witness.
I ambelieveing you about these little sewing machine motors and wire thin carriage
plastic everywhere wha do they look like when they roll over a couple of times, do thye bloow up with flames or are there emergency shut off systems?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM

Might you have diagrams for 3.1 diesel injector pump. I believe mine is running rich at start up?? but runs fine once running.More info cant be a bad thing

Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 PM

No, I don't, sorry.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Default transfer case

Hey Johnny5ive, Just rescued a 91 Trooper2.8 auto with 138k on it from the crusher and have been doing some work on it to get it ready for winter up here in western montana.
My question is that I decided to change all the fiuids and when I drained the transfer case it kind of looked like regular oil but the manual I had said to put atf back in ----so hoping you can advise me as to what the correct fluid is. Thanks

Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM

Also could you please tell me what you think of the auto trans as opposed to the 5 speed.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 AM

I wish you can help me, I have a 96 trooper and my equipment smash and slide out. My 4th equipment crushes really bad that I can't really generate it any longer and I got a new created baby so I need it to generate around. I just modified the clutch i465 black and all bearings and bushings. I don't know what else to do

Quick Reply: First Generation Trooper parts and tech support