Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

check trans light & check engine lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 AM

[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Recently purchased a 1994 Isuzu Trooper LS with DOHC v-6 automatic, 4x4. Having two problems possibly?not sure. 1. The check trans light will SOMETIMES not all the time come on after shifting into passing gear...and truck will not down-shift on its own after coming to stop, but can be done manually!!! or if going about 40 mph turning key off and when rpm's drop off to 0 then turning key back on, it resets and does fine. 2. The check engine light comes on Sometimes not all the time, but when you let off the gas and rpm's drop, it goes off, when you accelerate again then it comes back on. Does anyone have a clue what the deal is??? [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
</span></span>

Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Your trooper has a powertrain computer which will have probably set some codes. Best advice now is to get them read and find out if or what problems are showing up. Most major auto parts stores will read the codes for free. Good luck.

PS. Searching the forums is another good way to get a step up on information while you wait for responses.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Had local auto repair shop put new power steering pressure hose on truck on Friday, because it had sprung a leak all of a sudden and was spraying power steering fluid all under the hood[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]. I could fill up the power steering and drive approx. 15 to20 miles and have to do it again. I also had them put the truck on computer, and the said that it was showing a [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]EGR problem, possibly a serge or voltage problem.
As of this morning, when I started it, I had the following warning lights on.. O2, check engine, auto cruise, battery, and low fuel[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]. Strange thing is the fuel tank is full, the auto cruise was off!! The battery voltage gage usually sets between 12 and 18, however today it was between 8 and 12- -which is somewhat lower than normal. So took it back to auto repair shop and they check the battery and alternator and computer says that regulator was not working properly only showing 30amps and it should be 75amps............what is making all this electrical stuff go NUTS?[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
</span>

Old 03-06-2007, 01:47 PM

Most of the symptoms sound like a bad alternator. Usually if the alt goes, the HVAC blower also does not work. Good luck. One owners opinion.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
pwr steering fluid getting inside the alternator will make i tcause weird problems.esp overcharging.making all kinds of dash lights come on an the transmission shift hard.since the trans was the begining problem.next time it does it.dont turn off the key,get it immediatly checked for over charging some place,you may just need a new alternator.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree with isuzuguru, It is common for p/s pressure hoses to leak and get into alt, and cause alt problems, sounds like vehicle is going into limp in mode