Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

99 Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:16 PM

I had my check engine light come on-where is the reset (or how do I reset it without taking it into a shop?)?? I know that the problem is taken care of (horrible watered down gas) yet the light won't go away! Help!!!! 5 year owner-107000+ miles-won't ever get a differnt SUV!

Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM

Hey there. On past encounters with the 'check engine light' I have found that if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect it should clear out the memory in the computer. Once the engine starts again the computer will perform another system check and if the light comes back on then you might want to take it to a shop for a diagnostic check because then something else is wrong. The only downside to this is that you might have to reprogram your radio! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Good luck!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 PM

Autozone or Advance Auto Parts will do a free diagnostic check but you'll have to fork over some cash if there's something they have to repair on your ride

Old 11-20-2005, 12:47 PM

ok... if u have the code for the radio then you can easily reset the computer. All you have to do is disconnect the positive terminal from the battery for about 10 to 15 min. The computer will be reset when you re-connect the battery terminal, and you will have to enter the radio code. Like supertroop said, if the light persists then you have another problem. Good Luck