Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

95 trooper Ls brake problem..need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Default 95 trooper Ls brake problem..need help!!

Hello. Ok i have a 95 trooper LS automatic that i bought recently. Im noticing strange things going on with the brakes lately, but not all the time. It seems to brake fine, then suddenly the pedal is hard as a rock and barely stops me!! Then suddenly its fine again. This has happened about 3 times in the past month.
Also, occasionally and almost every time i drive it, when i push on the brake pedal it sounds/feels like its scraping or grabbing then it will "let go" and brake like it should.
Also the ABS light is always on and occasionally the BRAKE light comes on.
Any ideas??
Im just a girl, lol so please be patient. Lol

Last edited by Mary Richards; 07-18-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something..
Old 12-05-2019, 07:35 PM

I hope someone has answered this for you by now. I think you have two separate problems going on. One the antilock brake system is not working. A shop can scan for codes to pinpoint the issue. While not a huge safety issue, the trooper will be safer with the ABS working than not. This is especially true if you are driving wet or snowy roads.

The second issue is that your vacuum assist on the brakes seems to be intermittently working. This can be a huge safety issue as the pedal pressure goes way up making stopping difficult. There may be a vacuum leak, it gets its vacuum from the intake side of the engine. Its also possible that the brake vacuum unit itself is bad. I would have a mechanic check it out, before you have to brake in an emergency and find you can't stop because of the excessive pedal pressure.