Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

94 Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM

I have a 94 Trooper V-6. It will run alright for a while and then start to stumble, like it might be starving for fuel, when I hit a hill. Then the check engine light comes on and it runs OK. This car sat in storage for 4 years before I bought it. It ran great for a few months and then this started. I have replaced fuel and air filter. The fuel filter had some rust in it. I am thinking that the screen on the pick up in the tank might be clogged. Any suggestions?Edited by: jnelson

Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 AM

I took the car to a mechanic to get the codes from the ecm. First code is 44- Lean exhaust- mechanic says it need exhaust. I know there is a slight leak in the flex joint in tghe pipe coming from the right side manifold to the cat, rest of system seems alright. Will replacing that part of exhaust take care of the lean problem? Other diagnostic code says that it needs both A & B coolant sensors. Where can I get sensors and front exhaust pipe? Nearest dealer is over 50 miles away. I can wait if I need to order over internet. Are there any Isuzu dealers that work this way? And last, but not least, where are coolant sensors located? Any help with this will be appreciated.Edited by: jnelson

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
po44 is thte lean exhaust code,you need a o2 sensor.its proable contaminated with oil gettingn on it from valve cover gasket leak,or just age.heres your symptom......vehicle runs fine for awhile until it gets good an hott.,then the vehicle starts too idle rough an if you notice its proably has black smoke from tailpipe...check engine light pops on the engine seems to idle better,but the pcm just falls into a backup mode.the o2 sensor is underneath the truck near the drivers seat replace it an your problem will be fixed try to get the isuzu sensor ,they are expensive ,an yes there are aftermarkets that fit,but do not respond very well.an while you r under there check for oil leaks,if its excessive this problem will happen again.coolant sensor is in the cross_over pipe behind the engine at the firewall on the 3.2l very hard to get too...they dont go bad very often.but i ahve seen the conector kinda dry rott an loose connection.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Boy, you weren't $*&tting expensive! $350.00 for an O2 sensor from an Isuzu dealer. And just what is the difference between Isuzu part and the Bosch part, besides $285.00? How do you access the coolant sensors? Do you have to drop the trans crossmember? I could see the coolant crossover pipe from underneath but I couldn't see the sensors at all.

Thanks for the information.