Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

345 for trans service?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:58 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
My dealership tells me that is costs 345$ to change my transmission fluid.. but my mechanic says it costs 70$

so i went with the 70 dollar job --- but i'm wondering if i should have done the 345$ job at the dealer?

does anyone know if the dealership work is different?

I'm a little worried that my tranny is starting to slip. i was hauling ceramic tile--pretty heavy and felt my tranny slipping when i went up a hill..is there a way to tell? i only have60k miles.

any help is appreciated
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Hi, the dealer probably wanted that much to do a flush and refill.....at least that would explain the high cost.

You will find a lot of opinions on the right way to take care of a transmission, but generally, in my opinion, if you have not had a trans fluid and filter change previously, then you did the right thing NOT to have the dealer do a flush and fill. The reason is that the flush breaks loose a lot of crap and a lot of owners have reported trans failure soon after a flush. You may need to change the fluid more frequently than you have been, particularly with the 4L30E trans. When you do a manual fluid change, you only get about half the fluid replaced, so doing another change after a few thousand miles is a good idea.

If you did not see any codes set or flashing tranny light, then there is really not much more you can do than drive it and see how it behaves. Hope this helps. ONe guys opinion.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>