Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

2nd gen Trooper Toyota V8 3.L 1UZFE swap

Old 02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Default 2nd gen Trooper Toyota 4.L V8 1UZFE swap

Hi everyone! Iím new to the forum and Iíve started doing the 1UZFE swap into my 92 trooper stick shift.
I have the motor and harness and Iíve started doing all the math for making parts to mate the two together.
I plan on posting the build of course but I thought I would check and see if anyone would be interested in doing the same swap because while Iím at the machine shop making parts it would be easier to make more all at once.
Now I know price is always an issue which is why I decided to post this thread, yet there are two options that I am comfortable doing but the prices will be very different.
Option 1. Modify a 4Runner flywheel and assemble a clutch kit that will work. Meaning custom pilot bearing, finding a clutch disk that will mate with the flywheel and pressure plate and making an internal clutch slave cylinder/throughout bearing work with it.
Iím still doing the research on this option to see if itís even possible.
Option 2. Make a custom flywheel and pilot bearing. Now I know this sounds way easier but itís not that much easier and itís looking way more expensive.

Option 1. Parts list for kit
Engine/trans adapter plate, motor mount brackets and complete clutch kit with flywheel.
No price available yet as further research depends on the feedback I get.

Option 2. Parts list for kit
Engine/trans adapter plate, custom flywheel and custom pilot bearing. The factory Isuzu clutch would work and would not be included.
This option would be roughly $1000.00

These kits would be completely bolt in without any other necessary fab work except wiring, heater hoses and cooliyfans etc. (I will be providing all the part numbers on all parts I use for the swap)

Iím looking forward to your feedback!

Last edited by Gforce junky; 02-25-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: mistakes in the title
Old 03-05-2019, 06:59 PM

Somewhere on this forum is a post from a guy that was doing or, more likely contemplating doing a Lexus v8 swap into a Trooper 11. Might be the same motor. You might want to search for the thread.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:52 PM

Thanks Hooligan, I appreciate the info although he did it to a gen 1 Trooper and they have different bell bolt Patterns and different clutch systems.