Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

1994 Trooper 3.2DOHC no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:54 PM

I've had this truck for 6 months. It had a bad flooding problem. I fixed that(thought I did) and was working great. I took it for a good drive for the first time and was excited to start driving it daily. All it will do now is turn over. The plugs are wet. I dried them all but still when I start it cold it will sputter but that's it. I'm not a quiter but this one got me hooped. I'm going to start diagnosing the ignition but if anyone can point me in a direction that would be great!< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-26-2007, 10:38 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
How did you fix the flooding problem the first time? Have you tried to pull any codes from it, even though the CEL may not be on? Are all the plugs wet or just one, two,etc?I guess if you have been cranking it a lot it would get wet, but if only briefly then it sounds like ignition problem. When were plugs changed last? A little more info may get more replys.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-26-2007, 07:44 PM

My alternator was putting out 20 volts and when i finallly figured that out and changed it, the truck worked excellent so I thought my troubles were over. Before that I changed the fuel pump (for no reason)and chased alot of wires tested the O2 sensor which is fine and is setting no codes. It always started and ran like crap! This new, not starting, I enjoy a challange but this is getting to be to much.
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 AM

I would check the output of the alternator again then. I have known the alternator to go bad shortly after replacement. It has happened to me. If you are getting low voltage, a number of problems can occur. You should have at least 13.6 volts with the engine running. If you can't get it to run, the ignition may not have enough voltage to create a hot spark. I suggest you also check the battery ground, cleaning terminals and check the grounds on the motor from the intake to the firewall. They can corrode where you cannot see it, inside the connector. A piece of sandpaper or scotchbrite will strip the corrosion, and a shot of contact cleaner will not hurt either. One guys opinion.Edited by: atfdmike