Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

1990 Trooper Wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Default 1990 Trooper Wire routing

Does anybody know the routing of power to the dome lights?

I don't have voltage to the dome lights. The schematic shows a red wire with a green stripe.
I have voltage on both sides of the fuse. (Fuse 2)

CJ

Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 PM

The dome light wiring isn't going up the A-Pillar. There are a bunch of connectors hanging loose under the driver's side dash. Five of them, all female multi-connectors. I'm thinking part of the body harness is missing, or tucked somewhere that I'm not seeing.

I need to get an FSM for this rig. It's my dad's. He picked it up in '92. If he ever decides to get rid of it, I'm going to put dibs in. Great little vehicle. Apparently it was a company lease prior to his buying it. It has 185k miles. The input shaft bearing in the transmission is a bit noisy, but other than that, everything works mechanically.
The vehicle had a front end collision in '91. While chasing connectors, I discovered some really jacked-up wiring. The brake lights work because somebody "Hot wired" the switch off another always hot circuit.
Dad had the windshield redone several years ago, and the dome lights haven't worked since. Apparently they had to do some welding, and dropped the dash down. The company that did the work has been blowing him off for years. I finally had him bring it over to me to figure out what they did.

I pulled the O2 sensor yesterday. Somebody had cross threaded it into the manifold. I re-tapped the manifold, installed a new sensor, and reset the maintenance switch. On this particular Trooper, drop the lower heater duct, and you can reach the switch from under the dash.

CJ