Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Which year Rodeo to buy? How is parts availability?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Default Which year Rodeo to buy? How is parts availability?

Hi all. I'm contemplating buying another Rodeo. I had a 1996 that I put 240k miles on (and never had a lick of trouble!) until it was destroyed in an accident a couple of years ago. So I'm contemplating another, one that's obtainable for approximately $4000, and hopefully one that I can buy below book with the hopes of selling it in 2 to 3 years for substantially the same thing I paid for it.

I'm curious what the general consensus is on which years are better than others. I'd definitely stay away from 98s because they were the first year of the new body style (a general rule of thumb I have). Are there any major manufacturing flaws associated with particular years? I'm thinking of things like the mfg. flaw in Troopers that caused them to burn up all their oil and blow up.

Also, how is the availability of factory parts nowadays? The last time I bought a part from a dealership was in 2008, so I have no idea if they've dried up or anything. I also heard through someone connected to a former Isuzu dealership that Isuzu was considering pulling out of America. Any truth to that? And what about aftermarket parts, are they still plentiful?

Thanks in advance!