Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

What are some common symptoms of these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Default What are some common symptoms of these?

My 94 Passport V6 has cruise control that is inop, and windshield washer function that is inop.

I know how to troublshoot these systems, but I would like to know what is common with these problems... CC computer, CC switches, grounds? And the washer system I think may be a switch, as it doesn't feel right. But some troubleshooting will be an order.

Also is there an ETM available for these things? Thanks!

Old 11-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Put a volt meter to the connector on the w.w. Fluid tank (pump) have someone squirt your fluid and see if it getting power should jump from 0 up to 11.5 ish volts. If it does your pump is bad, if it doesn't your fuse or wiring leading up to it is bad.
Cruise control has many systems you need to check. For instance if your brake light switch to the top of your brake pedal is faulty, your c.c. Won't work. Of course fuses and relays, cable between actuator and accelerator (free movement) there is a vehicle speed sensor (I don't know if your 4wd or2wd) but it's on transfer case or transmission it normally would throw a obd2 error code...so it's a bit of a pain, but if you get the time, chances are good you can fix it.