Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

hmm,AC comp doesn’t kick on???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:03 PM

Like the title says,my ac compressor doesn't kick and its been getting hotter than hell out here.I checked all the fuses and the relay in the engine bay,but everything is fine??I don't think it would not kick on if it is out of freon,or am I wrong???Someone help!Another this is that when I ran the heater during the winter,it seemed as if the compressor would turn on for that too or is it that the same compressor works for the heater too???[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] THe AClight does turn on,butonly warm air comes out.Edited by: 00agent

Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 PM

You should hear the compressor clutch click (or clunk) if it kicks in. There is a low pressure switch that will keep it from kicking in if the refrigerant is low. Usually its either that or the clutch is bad. You can get a cheap guage at a local auto parts store or walmart to see if there is any pressure in the system.

Some will work with the heater. I know 98+ turns on the a/c in the defrost cycle to remove humidty from the air. Not sure about earlier years.

If the system is just low and its a 134a refrigerant system you can just get some from walmart or auto parts store and recharge it. If its empty you will need to fix the leak then have the system put under a vacuum before recharging.

If its the clutch thats bad, they arent very cheap but can be replaced by the average DIYer with basic tool skills.