Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Help with crank sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Hi kyo-77,
No problem. With people writting in from different areas and possibly different countries you are never sure which engine they have etc. Yours is listed as a 1988 Rodeo with a 2.2L 4 cylinder. So I figured you meant 3.2 6cyl. as that is what I was giving information on. The 4cyl engines that I remember are the 2.6L and they had a diesel years ago and I THINK that engine was in the Trooper. I might be wrong.

Take care and hope you enjoy the LONG weekend.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Default Help with crank sensor.

I have removed the starter, the bolt that holds the sensor in, and the wire harness. I cannot get the sensor out of the block. Anyone who has done this knows how little space there is to work. The FSM says to rock it back and forth with two screwdrivers but the problem is, i can barely fit a hand up there, let alone two screwdrivers. How did you get yours out? I need some tips. Its 90 degrees out and my Jeep doesnt run.....

Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Richard, you need to raise the vehicle on the passenger side higher than the drivers side so you can spray a GOOD lubricant between the block and the sensor. Then try to twist left to right as you pull out. Now if you would be so kind to let me know which Isuzu you have that would help me help you. But in any case you need to get the lube in there because the o-ring is dried out a REAL P.I.T.A. to get it to come out of the block. Once you can get it to rotate with the lube keep spraying and wiggle it away from the side of the block. When you can do that then take 2 tiny screw drivers (one on each side of the sensor) and wiggle one then the other and as it comes away from the block spray more lube. Make sure you put a LOT of anti-seize around the o-ring before installing the new sensor. See I am not sure which version Isuzu you have. If it is the 4-cyl GREAT. Is it auto or 5spd?? 5spd is easier do to not having to work around tranny lines. Get back to me and I will try to work you through it. OK?? Oh the reason I said raise the right side higher is so you can get the lube in there. Remove front drive shaft at the front diff. so you can move it out of your way. You also might have to remove the oil pressure sensor as well to gain a few extra inches.

Hope this helps. Dame guy you have 2 4X4's and neither one runs. Shame on you But I have been in your shoes so I really do not have room to talk.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

Paint Made Flesh is on view at The Phillips Collection through September 13 audemars piguet watch concord carlton watches vacheron constantin overseas replica watch 2009.